Web Site Hit Counter

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Shirley Plesea interview; Casey Anthony's grandmother

This is Shirley Pleasea's interview without all the police drivel:

Shirley Plesea Interview
August 21, 2008

Shirley Plesea is Cindy Anthony’s mother. Mrs. Plesea states, “[Cindy] is out of control for one reason. If she doesn’t believe Casey then Caylee’s dead. Honest to God that’s my feeling. If she could not believe Casey…she’d have to accept the fact that …Caylee might be dead, or would be dead, or whatever. That’s the honest to God’s feeling I got and I’ve had it since she got out of control.”

“I won’t be surprised about Casey. But I’d trust my daughter. Except she’s going crazy like I am.”

“…the first time Casey stole money was on Caylee’s second birthday. That would be a year ago (March of 2007). I was up there and stayed all night, and my bag and stuff was in the bedroom. Well Casey went to the store and she picked up her cake and a lot of fancy stuff, because they had this great, big fancy Mexican style birthday party. You know, a theme. And I’m, I didn’t miss that until I started checking out my checks and one check was gone. Well the check before that that I wrote was to the utilities company in Mt. Dora. So I went downtown Mt. Dora to see if they had an accidental check stuck to it…They didn’t. So I went to the police station. And the officer found a license on the back of my check. You know, because I had the cancelled check”, [and the license belonged to Casey.] She was mad but forgave her. Cindy knew about it.

“Then this Spring, there was three hundred and fifty-four dollars missing out of my bank account. It was written on AT&T (She meant Bank of America). And it was written on my husband’s account that I had to close out after Casey used my check. The bank advised me to close that acct and start a new one…”

The bank reimbursed her the money. She told the bank they could file charges against Casey if the wanted to, but no action was ever taken against her. Casey tried to apologize and told her grandmother she would come up to Mt Dora and clean for her, but Grandma told her she didn’t want her there. She hadn’t talked to her since.

Shirley: “Remember when she was talking about all them cell phones she had and everything? She had Cindy to tell me she was working for whoever it was up around Universal. They got them new phones from AT&T and some way or another the money didn’t go through for them so the people had to pay for them themselves. Then they were going to pay them back.

“And I says, “Well where is Casey’s money? Cindy says ‘well it’s in this locker in the Hard Rock Hotel' or wherever. I mean that’s some story I never heard of before. But I mean that’s the, Cindy didn’t make up the lie, that’s the lie Casey’s been telling her.

“You know, she was going to work all this time. And I did hear the name Zanny for over a year. I don’t know if there is a Zanny…that could have been somebody where when Casey was going to work which she didn’t have a job. And she was leaving Caylee with this woman. Well I don’t know what she did with Caylee. Whether she was at a friend’s house or what. But she knows Cindy would have took that child and raised her and she could have run her legs off if she wanted to.

“[Cindy] is so angry and my stupid son that you mentioned, Rick, he was saying that they were such a dysfunctional family and that George had thrown his dad through a plate glass window when they were living in Ohio (she then repeats Ricks story about Casey coming to his wedding pregnant and Cindy denying that she was.)…Being a nurse I don’t know how the heck she couldn’t notice…

“Well Cindy is telling me now that having to dip into the 401K was because a few years ago she had a problem with George…She said she dad to pay a lot of those bills back.”

Yuri tells Mrs Plesea that the reason the Anthony’s had to get into the 401K was that Casey was stealing a lot of money from them and they almost lost their home…

Shirley said Cindy even had to pay back the IRS because he cashed in his retirement savings from a previous job and didn’t tell Cindy about it so she could include it in their tax return.

Casey had run up credit card debt of $45K (so she had to have opened credit card accounts under Cindy’s name). Cindy always blamed George for everything, never told the truth about Casey.

Shirley confirms that a counselor Cindy sought out had advised her to kick Casey out. She couldn’t put Caylee out on the street so quit seeing the counselor.

When asked by Yuri about Casey being out on bail Shirley said, “I know Cindy wants her there, but my wish was that she’d never got out. I wanted it resolved before she got out, hopefully with Caylee alive , but I’m worried about what somebody’ll do to them, to the whole family. There’s a lot of nuts out there.

“Sometimes in my heart I says to myself if I want to not think that Caylee isn’t alive but I just wondered if she hated her mom more than she loved Caylee

Shirley says she loves George, that he has his problems, but he’s a nice man. That made me smile.

Yuri: What do you think it‘s going to take for Casey to tell anyone what happened?

Shirley, “She probably needs somebody to threaten her, personally…I hate to think of her being put in a jail with them women that’s going to beat the hell out of her, but it might do her some good.” YOU GO, GRAMS!

“Our last words weren’t loving words. I said, “Casey I love you but I don’t like you.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go Grandma!!!!