Web Site Hit Counter

Thursday, August 07, 2008

New details released in Caylee Anthony investigation

Sarah Lundy
Sentinel Staff Writer
August 7, 2008

A search warrant released this afternoon provides more details about the investigation into missing 2-year-old Caylee Anthony.

It apparently debunks a story about Casey Anthony getting a call during which she overheard Caylee. Casey Anthony claimed she got that call around noon on July 15 - the day she reported the child missing. Her phone records show no call was made to her cell phone at that time, according to the search warrant.

Detectives also could not track down any of the people Casey Anthony told her family could prove the babysitter - Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez - existed. Casey Anthony said she left Caylee with the babysitter and has not seen her since June.

They also found several messages – including one about an event at Universal Studios - in Casey Anthony's e-mail from e-mail addresses that don't exist, the search warrant said.

On Monday, detectives spoke to Cindy Anthony and learned she took some pants out of Casey Anthony's car before investigators seized it last month. The document also shows Cindy Anthony washed them because the pants had the odor of the foul-smelling car.

George Anthony told investigators that he saw Casey Anthony wear those pants on June 16 when Casey Anthony supposedly left for work. That was the last time George Anthony saw his granddaughter.At a media briefing at 5:30 p.m., Orange County Sheriff's Deputy Carlos Padilla wouldn't comment on the search warrant that was executed Wednesday afternoon.

"We are not at liberty to discuss what was taken," he said. He said detectives are still waiting for DNA test results to come back from the FBI forensic lab."Hopefully, it will be soon," Padilla said.

To read the actual warrant, go here:

No comments: