Web Site Hit Counter

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Cindy Anthony Denies Investigation At Standstill

ORLANDO -- While Orange County Sheriff's authorities say they will remain tightlipped about details of the search for Caylee Anthony, the girl's grandmother spoke Wednesday about a number of issues surrounding the search for her granddaughter.

Despite claims of a "cold trail" in the search for Caylee, Cindy Anthony said she does not believe the search is at a standstill.

"I don't think the investigation is at a standstill at all. I was just there today seeing the inner workings of stuff, like I have all week, and it's not at a standstill at all. I mean, they're following up on leads and tips every second of every day, working 24 hours a day on this.
There may be things they can't talk to you guys about, which is a given. So, it may seem like a standstill to you guys because you don't have any new, additional information," Cindy Anthony said.

So far, no one has been charged in the disappearance of Caylee, but her mother, Casey does remain behind bars on child neglect charges.

Cindy Anthony said she hasn't seen her daughter in more than three weeks, but she feels confident Casey is working in the best interest of Caylee.

"As far as I know, because I haven't gotten to speak with Casey privately, I believe she's told them everything she could possibly tell them to ensure the safety of Caylee. So, naturally, we encourage her all the time if she has any additional information to share. Again, she does not know where Caylee is at, and that is the problem," Anthony said.

Rumors have been swirling about the possibility that investigators are treating this, not as a missing persons case, but as a murder case. On Wednesday, Cindy responded to those accusations, saying they're just plain wrong.

"I haven't heard that theory. Out of their mouths today, to me, all of them, they're looking for a missing child, and that's what I'm doing, I'm looking for a missing child, and that's what I'm asking the public to do is to look for that missing child, because she's out there missing and there's no evidence that says otherwise, and until that happens, she's missing. I believe that with 100 percent of my being that she's out there and there's a lot of people who believe that, and that's the way the investigation is going," Anthony said.

Authorities have received more than 1,000 tips since Anthony was reported missing in July. She turned 3 on Saturday.

Meanwhile, newly obtained phone records are shedding some new light on some key dates in the case.

According to FOX News, which got the records, Casey Anthony made 12 calls in the span of four hours on June 16. That's the day Caylee's grandfather George says he last saw the now 3-year-old.

Seven of those calls were to her mother. The rest were to her dad, boyfriend, and two friends.
There were no records obtained from June 17 -- the day neighbors told investigators Casey borrowed a shovel from them.

On June 18, there was another spike in calls from Casey to her parents. She called them six times in under an hour.

If these are accurate, it could help piece together a timeline of the final days before the girl vanished without a trace.

Casey's parents still have a visit on the schedule for Thursday morning. As of now, it's not known if George or Cindy will cancel on their daughter, or if Casey will agree to see them. All recent visits from family members have been scrapped.

Casey's attorney has said that's because everyone knows the calls are recorded and that they don't want to put Caylee's safety in danger by saying something they shouldn't. No family members have spoken with Casey since word came out last week she lied about getting calls from the nanny who allegedly has Caylee.

No comments: